Year 10 students at Ashley High will have the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through the power of sport. The level 1 Sports Leader course, awarded by Sports Leaders UK, consists of two areas of study which allow students to learn and develop life skills in communication, organisational skills and leadership skills whilst developing their understanding of the world of Sport and Recreation. It is a powerful vehicle for Personal Development.
Students will also gain:
- A formally recognised qualification who are able to lead and assist in the delivery of sport and physical activity sessions
- A structured leadership framework which enables students to deliver inclusive sport and physical activity sessions
- Experience of "What makes a good leader?", "How to effectively work in a team" and "How to become a good leader"
- An increase in social and academic confidence
- An increase in skills and improved CV's to promote employable students
- Opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and development
Young people undertaking a qualification in Sports Leadership will learn and demonstrate important life skills such as effective communication and organisation whilst learning to lead basic physical activities to younger people, their peers, older generations and within the community.
The courses involve both guided & peer-to-peer learning and supervised leadership to ensure that learners have all the skills they need to lead basic physical activities to other people.