Open Awards Skills for Further Learning and Employment
Open Awards Level 1/Level 2 Skills for Further Learning and Employment
This is a one year course that students will study during Year 14. There are two levels of qualification available – Level 1 and Level 2. Students will study an appropriate level according to their ability.
What is the course about?
The primary purpose of this qualification is to prepare you for further learning or training. This qualification offers you a good starting point for your vocational education and training. It offers a mix of personal development and employability skills alongside an introduction to a range of vocational sectors.
What topics will I study?
- Developing Own Interpersonal Skills
Optional Units which cover
- Personal Learning
- Health and Wellbeing
A unit from the Sector Pathway Group
- Agriculture, Environmental and Animal Care
- Creative Industries
- Building and Construction
- Business Administration and Office Skills
- Hair and Beauty
- Catering and Hospitality
- Digital Skills
- Sport, Fitness and Leisure
- Customer Service
- Sales, Marketing and Enterprise
- Health and Social Care and Science
- Travel and Tourism
- Vehicle Maintenance
What will this course lead on to?
The qualification will support you
- to gain employment
- to study L1/L2 in a chosen vocational area
- to progress further in an internship or Apprenticeship in a chosen vocational area
We offer a variety of enrichment choices which complete the Employability programme including employer visits, specialist speakers and trips and visits to relevant organisations. As part of this programme, all learners will undertake a work placement in a vocational area that they are interested in.
How will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence to achieve this qualification. Types of evidence included in your portfolio could include:
- Reflective journals
- Recorded discussions with your tutor
If you have any queries concerning this subject please contact Nikki Lightfoot, 6th Form Teacher.