At Ashley High School, we feel it is vital to nurture creativity and innovation through design, and by exploring the designed and made world in which we all live and work.
Year 7 Introduction to Design Technology
In Year 7 Design Technology students will learn the health and safety rules for practical working in the workshop.
They will learn to identify and use a range of tools and equipment whilst working on various projects; such as a key ring, coat hook and ball bearing game.
Year 8 Design Technology
During Year 8, students will develop their skills and knowledge further; working on projects such as structures, electronic steady hand game and a desk tidy.
They will be required to make design decisions and select appropriate materials for their projects.
Year 9 Design Technology
During Year 9, students will be required to work on projects such as; a boxed jigsaw. These projects will include aspects of designing, planning, making and evaluating their own work. The students will use a broader range of tools, equipment and improve the skills they have learned in previous years to produce items to a high standard.
Key Stage 4 Preparation for Work: Design Technology
The following units of work have been chosen to give Ashley High School students a broad insight into what is required in the field of work for these subject areas.
- 6223: Health and Safety- this unit aims to help learners to acquire and apply Health and Safety working practices in the context of Design and Technology work.
- 6221: Making a Project- This unit aims to help the student to acquire the knowledge and skills to make a product of their own choosing.
- 6220: Designing and modelling a project- This unit aims to help the student to acquire the knowledge and skills to design and model a product of their own choosing.
Key stage 4 Preparation for Work: Safe Road Skills & Attitudes
- 8748: Preparing for a safe journey by road.
- 8750: Maintaining own & others safety in relation to vehicles