BTEC Level 1 Retail Knowledge
This course is aimed at students who have an interest in working in the retail industry. It aims to enthuse and inspire learners to consider a career in the retail sector.
The BTEC Qualification allows learner to engage in learning which is relevant to them and will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Examples of topics covered include
- Understanding the business of retail
- Understanding Customer Service in the retail sector
- Understand how a retail business maintains health, safety and security on its premises
- Understand the retail selling process
- Understand the control, handling and replenishment of stock in a retail business
- Understand how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Planning an enterprise activity
- Running an enterprise activity
Assessment is designed to fit the purpose and objective of the qualification and all units are internally assessed - giving learners the opportunity to demonstrate skills developed in applied scenarios.
For more information please contact Mrs N Lightfoot (Course Tutor)