Ashley High School 6th Form provides specialist education for boys and girls, aged 16 to 19, with autism and social communication difficulties. We recognise that our students have ambitions to live and work as self-reliant adults and we help them reach their goals with continued support, structure and guidance. It is our aim to prepare our young people for a fulfilling adult life by:-
- Providing a variety of new experiences
- Building on essential life skills
- Developing key employability skills
- Delivering qualifications required for further learning and employment
The 6th form focus is on continued core academic qualifications, a range of vocational qualifications, preparation for adulthood and career planning, whilst recognising the individual abilities and strengths of each student and enabling them to reach their full potential.
We offer 3 seperate pathways -
- 1-year Post-16 Bridging Course
- 2-year Post-16 Preparation for Learning, Life & Employment Course
- 1-year or 2-year (depending on individual circumstances) Supported Internship Programme
Please refer to additional 6th form tabs for further information on each of our pathways. If you would like to discuss which of the 3 pathways may suit an individual or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at school.
Head of 6th Form